This weekend my mom and grandmother came to help me sew new covers for our couch. We recently bought slipcovers and have had a really though time finding covers for the large 24" x 24" pillows. I decided to take on the task of sewing new ones...thank goodness mom and grandma helped! It would have taken me days. Instead we knocked the entire project out in about 5 hours!
Originally, our couch was this brown color (thanks to Baby for modeling). We got the slipcover from SureFit, and I must say, it's really impressive! It totally transformed the couch in a matter of minutes. Unfortunately, our pillows are WAY bigger than the 18" standard size and buying new ones is outrageously expensive. I spent about $50 on fabric for 8 pillows.
The fabric is called "Biscayne Bay"
So far, measuring is the most challenging part of sewing for me. I have a tendency to freeze like a deer in headlights when math is involved, but I'm hoping that I'll get better with each project.
I'm so lucky that my mom is such a talented seamstress, and an AMAZING teacher. She has made me some awesome outfits and Halloween costumes through the years. Each of us sewed 4 pillow cases. Mammol helped cut, iron, and put the cases on the pillows. On a sidenote, I like how the guy on TV is looking over mom's shoulder!
Murphy was trying to help...
Finished product! I love it, and can't think of a better way to spend a rainy weekend than sewing with my mom and grandma... Thanks SO MUCH for your help!